Blueberries are well-known to be an antioxidant that contains flavonoids. Flavonoids are reported to help to prevent excessive inflammation throughout the body. So, blueberries are a good healthy food choice. There are some studies that say blueberries help memory, brain function and may even help prevent cancer.
This is a refreshing, delicious smoothie; perfect as a snack, breakfast, after a workout, or anytime!
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (may substitute frozen)
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- garnish with banana slices and blueberries
- Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth and you reach the desired consistency.